Bodybuilders might be competing on stage, but right now they're coming together for a Westchester athlete badly burned while cooking Wednesday.
Marco Rivera, a professional body builder who trains at Mount Vernon Barbell, was making dinner for his family when a can of PAM cooking spray nearby exploded.
Rivera suffered second-degree burns on his arm and head, and fell during the explosion, landing on his shoulder causing another injury.
The athlete -- who owns a gym in the Bronx -- is unable to work because of the accident, leaving his wife Yeshaira with the duties.
More than $5,400 had been raised as of Thursday morning on a GoFundMe for Rivera by fellow athletes.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Mount Vernon and receive free news updates.