Mount Vernon High School was briefly evacuated on Thursday morning, when there was a gas issue in a science classroom.
Shortly before the first classes of the day were set to get underway, a small gas leak was found in one of the labs, forcing the evacuation of the building.
Con Edison crews and the Mount Vernon Fire Department were called to the scene to investigate and gave the “all clear” at approximately 9 a.m., about an hour after the evacuation. Classes then resumed normally.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.