Firefighters were able to knock down a fire that broke out at an area Chinese restaurant, saving several other businesses in the process.
The fire, at the Hunan III at 6 Cedar St., in Bronxville, started around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29 from a build-up of grease in the broiler, said Eastchester Fire Chief Brian Tween.
The department responded with 15 firefighters and found fire in a large broiler in the basement prep area on fire and the ductwork up to the roof also ignited, Tween said.
The firefighters, with assistance from New Rochelle and Mount Vernon fire departments, were able to put out the blaze with one hose line, he added.
"This business is in a row of stores with a shared attic, and if the fire had gotten into that area, several stores may have been lost," he said.
The Westchester County Health Department was requested to respond as they do for all food establishment fires. The business could not reopen until the WC Health Department completed their inspection.
There were no reported injuries and everyone made it safely out of the restaurant.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.