Fire Breaks Out At Home In Northern Westchester

A home was damaged by a gas grill fire in Northern Westchester.

<p>The gas grill caught fire.</p>

The gas grill caught fire.

Photo Credit: Yorktown Heights Fire Department

The blaze broke out around 7:51 p.m., Tuesday, May 11, on Hayes Drive in Yorktown Heights.

When firefighters arrived on the scene they found a grill on fire next to a structure, the Yorktown Volunteer Fire Department said.

A neighbor who is an off-duty firefighter was able to knock down the main body of fire utilizing a dry chemical fire extinguisher and pull the grill away from the structure prior to the fire department's arrival.

Yorktown Heights firefighters secured the propane tank and checked for any further fire extension, thankfully, finding none, the department said.

to follow Daily Voice Mount Pleasant and receive free news updates.