Police in multiple states including Connecticut and New York are part of a manhunt for a 24-year-old Massachusetts man wanted in connection with a home invasion and kidnapping.
According to the Concord Police Department, Julian Field, of Bedford, Massacusetts, was first reported missing before he allegedly broke into a Concord home, held the resident at knifepoint and forced him to drive to locations in Western Massachusetts and Connecticut.
The incident began around 3:45 a.m., Monday, Feb. 4, when the Concord Police Department received a report of a home invasion that occurred hours earlier on Sunday evening.
The victim reported that during the early evening, a man entered his home, held him at knifepoint and forced him to drive the suspect to locations in Western Massachusetts and southern Connecticut, the Concord Police said.
The kidnapping ended when he got out of the victim's car in New Haven at around midnight Monday, police said.
Field had been sought by Bedford Police earlier Sunday in connection with a disturbance in that town.
The victim then drove back to his home in Concord and contacted the police department. The resident was not injured.
Field is believed to be in Connecticut or the New York City area.
A knife was recovered from the vehicle, but police say he should still be considered armed and dangerous. If anyone observes the suspect, they should dial 911 immediately and not attempt to approach him, police said.Anyone who has additional knowledge of this incident or information regarding Field's whereabouts is asked to call Concord Police Detectives 978-318-3400 or the Concord Police Department’s Anonymous Tip Line 978-318-3407.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.