LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- LEGO Club, the PACE department's annual performance of Soundscapes and an environmental film festival are some of the events taking place in Larchmont this weekend.
- The PACE department presents Soundscapes Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m. in the PACE Auditorium. Tickets are $5 for the PACE department's only all-music show of the school year. Students write, direct and perform nearly all of the music. Music teacher Bill Derby writes one piece each year. This year it will appear at the beginning of the second act and is titled "Zeuss."
- Its Dr. Seuss Day. The Larchmont Library will celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday with stories and crafts. Children can make their own Dr. Seuss hat lollipop. The program begins at 11 a.m. for ages 2 to 4, and at 3:30 p.m. for ages 5 and up. Register in person or by calling (914) 8342281.
- The Lorax opens in theaters Friday, but there will be a special showing at the Mamaroneck Clearview Playhouse Saturday at 10 a.m. for $5. The special showing is part of the Village of Larchmont and Town and Village of Mamaroneck's Green Screen Film Festival. Children must be accompanied by an adult.?
- Bag It will be shown at the Mamaroneck Library Saturday at 2 p.m., also as part of the Green Screen Film Festival. Sara Goddard, a local activist from Rye, will speak after the film. If you bring in the most clean plastic bags for the food pantry, you will win a prize.??
- The Larchmont Library's LEGO Club, for ages 7 and up, will meet at 3 p.m., where children can create their own project based on a different theme each month. This month's theme is creatures and beasts. Register in person or by calling (914) 8342281.
- Nate the Great comes to the Emelin Theatre Saturday for performances at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 for adults and $13 for children. This musical, for ages 4 and up, is based on the first volume in Marjorie Weinman Sharmat's classic book series.
- Fresh will be shown at the Larchmont Village Center Sunday at 2 p.m. Fresh filmmaker Ana Joanes will speak after the film, followed by a community picnic.?
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.