Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
Return to your home site


Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Parking Fees To Increase At Larchmont Train Station

Metro-North parking in Larchmont.
Metro-North parking in Larchmont. Photo Credit: Google Maps

LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont residents should get ready to pay a little more for parking at the train station and in village lots beginning June 1.

The village is raising the parking rates from $5 to $6 for train station parking meters, as well as a jump from $5 to $10 for 12-hour temporary parking permits at one of the village's 10 parking lots. 

Long-term permits remain the same, said Village Administrator Justin Datino.

"We looked at ways to raise revenue without having to raise property taxes or other revenue streams and burden residents," said Datino.

Parking permits and fees raise about $900,000 in annual revenue for the village.

Datino said about 75 percent of the city's revenue comes from property taxes with the other 25 percent coming from fees and permits. 

The village has not raised parking costs since 2011. 

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.