MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- A coyote was shot and killed Monday by Village of Mamaroneck police due to its aggressive behavior.
- The Harrison community is mourning the sudden loss of high school student Andrew Gurgitano.
- Real estate blog Movoto has ranked five Westchester County towns on its list of best small cities in New York, and Mamaroneck comes in at No. 2.
- The 21-year-old man who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich, Conn., on Sunday has died as a result of his injuries, according to multiple reports.
- Nine Mamaroneck High School senior athletes committed on Wednesday to playing sports in college. The student athletes either signed their National Letters of Intent or accepted their "likely" letters of admission during a ceremony at MHS's Palmer Gym.
- The Mamaroneck varsity field hockey team is going to the New York state tournament.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.