HARRISON, N.Y. -- One-hundred percent of Harrison High School's 2016 winter varsity athletic teams have qualified as New York State Public High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete teams, according to a statement from the school district.
Teams designated as scholar-athlete teams maintain a cumulative grade point average of 90 or higher. The Harrison High School varsity teams that reached the goal include:
- Boys Basketball - Gary Chiarella, Coach - 95.5 percent
- Girls Basketball - Louis Kail, Coach - 95.7 percent
- Boys Bowling - Philip DeGioia, Coach - 91.6 percent
- Girls Bowling - Jon-Erik Zappala, Coach - 91.5 percent
- Cheer - Adele Sullivan and Julia Brefere, Coaches - 93.2 percent
- Ice Hockey - Jason Head, Coach - 94.4 percent
- Boys Swimming - Phil Dearstyne, Coach - 93.2 percent
- Boys Indoor Track & Field - Dominic Zanot, Coach - 95.1 percent
- Girls Indoor Track & Field - Dominic Zanot, Coach - 97.2 percent
- Wrestling - Vincent Nicita, Coach - 91.9 percent
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.