FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Students from Stamford and Greenwich were among 12 students from Iona Prep in New Rochelle who have accepted Early Decision offers from elite colleges.
Terence Burke of Greenwich will attend Cornell University, while Langston Morrison of Stamford will attend Wesleyan College.
The young men utilized the early application process in order to get results one way or the other by the close of 2016. Some 24 percent of the senior class applied Early Decision, while more than 80 percent took advantage of Early Action programs.
Other students who accepted Early Decision offers from Iona Prep are:
- University of Richmond – Joseph Boyce, 17, Armonk, N.Y.
- Lehigh University – James Kenny, 17, Harrison, N.Y.
- Bucknell University – James O’Connor, 17, Goldens Bridge, N.Y.
- Wake Forest University – James Bonanno, 17, Eastchester, N.Y.
- Boston College – Barry Mitchell, III, 18, Rye, N.Y.
- Duke University – Robert Baldoni, Jr., Rye Brook, N.Y.
- Northwestern University – Kenneth Nixon, 17, Rye, N.Y.
- UPENN – Ryan Telesca, 17, Rye Brook, N.Y.
- NYU Shanghai – Woo Hyeon “Luke” Her, 17, Scarsdale, N.Y.
- Notre Dame – Gregory Cramer, 17, White Plains, N.Y.
"Wesleyan University was my top choice and knowing that I am accepted relieves that albatross around my neck associated with waiting for college acceptances,” Morrison said. “I am so wonderfully enthused to start a new chapter in my life at Wesleyan and will forever be grateful for the academic rigor and moral foundation I received at Iona Prep."
The rest of the senior class will receive results in early April to decide their next steps in education.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.