HARRISON, N.Y. -- Twelve Harrison High School Science Research students took home awards for their presentations at the annual Westchester Science and Engineering Fair (WESEF) on March 4.
Since 2001, WESEF has provided an opportunity for high school students across Westchester and Putnam Counties to showcase their multi-year research, according to a release from Harrison Central School District.
Sponsored by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Acorda Therapeutics and Entergy, this year’s regional competition saw more than 550 students deliver formal presentations of their scientific accomplishments in a poster forum to professional researchers in the local area, the release said.
Harrison High School winners were as follows:
- Special Awards: Ari Heilbrunn - College Admission Central Science Horizons Award.
- Brian Segal - US Air Force Award.
- Alex Kaplan - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. (NOAA) Award.
- Katie DeBois - NASA Earth System Science Award.
- Maren Yamada - Environmental Perspiration Award.
- Amit Ankawa - American Psychological Association Award.
Best in Category Awards:
- Tasha Garayo - Fourth Place - Medicine and Health
- Chanha Kim - Third Place - Medicine and Health
- Sarina Iraj - Fourth Place - Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Laren Cole - Second Place - Behavioral Sciences
- Keon Azar - Second Place - Physics and Astronomy**
** (Advances to Intel International Science and Engineering Fair Competition)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.