Summer is nearly here, and Rye Playland will be celebrating each of Westchester’s towns, cities and villages.
“Focused on building community and celebrating the unique towns, cities and villages of Westchester County this summer, the County will be featuring ‘Town Days,’ " county officials stated. “From A to Z, Playland will celebrate each town, village and city with their own Town Day.”
With proof of ID, on the Town Day, residents will receive discounted coupons at the park by going to the Fountain Plaza Administration Building. Discounts include a free mini golf game, two-for-one ride admission, free beach or pool admission, a dollar off food value meal and a $5 discount to return to the park at a later date.
Town Days scheduled this summer are:
- Tuesday, June 25: Ardsley Day;
- Wednesday, June 26: Bedford Day;
- Thursday, June 27: Briarcliff Manor Day;
- Friday, June 28: Bronxville Day;
- Tuesday, July 2: Buchanan Day;
- Wednesday, July 3: Cortlandt Day;
- Friday, July 5: Croton-on-Hudson Day;
- Tuesday, July 9: Dobbs Ferry Day;
- Wednesday, July 10: Eastchester Day;
- Thursday, July 11: Elmsford Day;
- Friday, Jul 12: Greenburgh Day;
- Tuesday, July 16: Harrison Day (Town/Village);
- Wednesday, July 17: Hastings-on-Hudson Day;
- Thursday, July 18: Irvington Day;
- Friday, July 19: Larchmont Day;
- Tuesday, July 23: Lewisboro Day;
- Wednesday, July 24: Mamaroneck Day (Town/Village);
- Thursday, July 25: Mount Kisco Day;
- Friday, July 26: Mount Pleasant Day;
- Tuesday, July 30: Mount Vernon Day;
- Wednesday, July 31: New Castle Day;
- Thursday, Aug. 1: New Rochelle Day;
- Friday, Aug. 2: North Castle Day;
- Tuesday, Aug. 6: North Salem Day;
- Wednesday, Aug. 7: Ossining Day (Town/Village);
- Thursday, Aug. 8: Peekskill Day;
- Friday, Aug. 9: Pelham Day;
- Tuesday, Aug. 13: Port Chester Day;
- Wednesday, Aug. 14: Pound Ridge Day;
- Thursday, Aug. 15: Rye Day (City/Town);
- Friday, Aug. 16: Rye Brook Day;
- Tuesday, Aug. 20: Scarsdale Day (Town/Village);
- Wednesday, Aug. 21: Sleepy Hollow Day;
- Thursday, Aug. 22: Somers Day;
- Friday, Aug. 23: Tarrytown Day;
- Tuesday, Aug. 27: Tuckahoe Day;
- Wednesday, Aug. 28: White Plains Day;
- Thursday, Aug. 29: Yonkers Day;
- Friday, Aug. 30: Yorktown Day.
Playland officially opened for the season at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, with a parade featuring a marching band, local officials, staff, and Coaster the Dragon, the amusement park’s official mascot. With a total of 8,228 people in attendance, it is believed to be the highest attendance the park has seen on Opening Day in seven years.
“This attendance record shows just how important refreshed marketing, creativity and drive are when promoting an amusement park,” Westchester County Executive George Latimer said. “The workers at Playland did a fantastic job readying the park – it was spotless and colorful and adorned with our new mascot Coaster. I thank them for their tireless work.
"Hearing the roar of the Dragon Coaster coupled with laughter under the warm sunshine was the perfect Saturday at Playland Park. I am excited to see attendance continue to climb as we roll out more of our promotional events at Playland this season.”
This year, the annual concert series will include nearly a dozen new local musical acts, as well as a public art display. “Friday Fireworks” will continue at the park throughout the summer, with a special event planned for the July 4 weekend. There’s a new laser show that patrons can view twice a day, as well as the traditional Playland rides, entertainment and concerts.
Playland will be open on weekends during May, with the regular schedule beginning on June 21. The park will be closed on non-holiday Mondays.
“This administration is committed to Playland. We plan to run this park with a level of energy and vitality that has been missing,” Latimer added. “This is a County park for County people - and whether you live in the far northwest corner of this County in Cortlandt, Peekskill or Buchanan, or down in the southeast portion near Pelham Manor and New Rochelle, or if you are in Yonkers in the southwest corner, or North Salem in the northeast section of the County - Playland is a park for you.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.