CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department was on the scene Friday just before 1 p.m. after a gas leak was reported near Old Post Road North and Terrace Place.
Con Edison called the firefighters to assist with checking with houses to ensure no gas migrated into their basements, the fire department said. Twenty firefighters responded to the scene and were there for 45 minutes, the fire department said.
Con Edison remains in the area working on the leak, the fire department said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.