ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- The new Netflix series "The Irishman" with Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci is filming in Rockland County. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- A New City man arrested for the sexual abuse of a child under the age of 13, is also a local business owner and well-known swimmer.
- A Suffern man was convicted Tuesday of vehicular assault and DWI after leaving the scene of a crash that left a man seriously injured, according to Rockland County District Attorney Thomas P. Zugibe.
- Police are warning residents to be aware of a “phishing” scam that is targeting organizations in Rockland County.
- Stony Point Police nabbed a Hudson Valley woman who was wanted on multiple warrants with heroin when a detective spotted her on Monday.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Amazon will be opening a 359,000 square foot administrative office at 5 Manhattan West in midtown, creating 2,000 new jobs in finance, sales, marketing, and information technology. Amazon was given $20 million in tax credits for the expansion.
- A routine stop by state police on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Rockland County led to drugs and weapons charges for a driver in possession of a loaded semi-automatic handgun.
- For real-time Rockland news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Rockland County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Rockland Daily Voice on Twitter @DVRockland by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.