Positive test results for COVID-19 in the Hudson Valley remained steady, according to brand-new five-day data released by New York State on Wednesday, Aug. 5.
Of the 72,668 test results reported Tuesday, Aug. 4 to New York State 636, or 0.87 percent, were positive.
In the Hudson Valley, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Friday, July 31: 1.0 percent
- Saturday, Aug. 1: 0.8 percent
- Sunday, Aug. 2: 0.9 percent
- Monday, Aug. 3: 1.0 percent
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: 0.8 percent
A total of 636 new COVID cases were reported on Tuesday, bringing the statewide total to 418,225 during the pandemic.
Here's a rundown of the number of new cases per Hudson Valley county:
- Westchester, 26 (down nine from a day earlier)
- Dutchess, 11 (down three from a day earlier)
- Rockland, 10 (up two from a day earlier)
- Orange, 8 (down one from a day earlier)
- Putnam, 2 (down two from a day earlier)
- Sullivan, 1 (same as a day earlier)
- Ulster, 0 (down eight from a day earlier)
There were four deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Tuesday, with none in the Hudson Valley.
Here is overall state data for Tuesday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 564 (-4)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 82
- Number ICU - 134 (-5)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 69 (+0)
- Total Discharges - 73,410 (+84)
- Deaths - 4
- Total Deaths - 25,179
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.