BRIARCLIFF, N.Y.-- The Briarcliff Manor Fire Department quickly put out a small fire at 430 Central Drive on Monday night.
Firefighters received a call at 7:06 p.m. that a bed-spring had caught fire due to a defective extension chord, Fire Chief Robert O'Hanlon said.
Firefighters arrived on the scene within four minutes and found that the fire had been mostly extinguished after homeowners poured water on it, O'Hanlon said.
While the homeowners helped put out the firer, O'Hanlon said when a fire occurs, homeowners should call the Fire Department and immediately leave the room.
After putting out the fire, firefighters inspected the house and ventilated the smoke before allowing homeowners back inside, O'Hanlon said.
One of the homeowners fell and hurt her shoulder while putting out the fire, but did not require medical attention, O'Hanlon said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.