Firefighters in Armonk were busy this week, dealing with a heating unit that went up in flames on an area roof while also handling a fully involved car fire.
Crews were dispatched to a propane-fed roof fire at 111 Bedford Road in Armonk at approximately 3 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon. Upon arrival, firefighters - with an assist from the members of the Banksville Fire Departmetn - were able to extinguish the fire before it spread to any other parts of the building.
While handling the roof fire, another crew from the Armonk Fire Department was dispatched to a fully-involved car fire in Airmont. Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the flames engulfing the car and worked to clear the scene. No injuries were reported in either incident.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.