Contact Us
Briarcliff Daily Voice serves Briarcliff, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Briarcliff Daily Voice serves Briarcliff, NY

Nearby Sites

Breaking News: Start Of Summer Will Bring Change In Weather Pattern
News

Three Become Unconscious After Chemical Release At Shop In Hudson Valley

The area of the incident.
The area of the incident. Photo Credit: Google Maps street view

Three employees at a Hudson Valley shop were overcome by hazardous fumes and passed out before being transported to an area hospital.

The incident took place in Orange County in the village of Montgomery around 11 a.m. on Thursday, June 16 at Pergamena - Handmade Parchment & Artisanal Leather at 11 Factory St.

When the Village of Montgomery Police arrived on the scene they found three employees who had passed out due to a release of hydrogen sulfate, said Trooper Steven Nevel of the New York State Police.

As fire officials evacuated the building, the three employees were transported to Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, with non-life-threatening injuries, Nevel said.

Orange County Hazmat contained the scene and is investigating the incident. 

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.