BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. If you don't have plans yet for New Year's and you don't feel like traveling into the city, don't worry. Some local restaurants will be open with special menus and entertainment for New Year's. Here's a list:
- Orfino's Café at 1201 Pleasantville Rd. in Briarcliff Manor will have an enhanced menu featuring surf and turf, lamb chops, veal chops, porterhouse steak, rib eye steak and homemade pastas. There will be wine, beer and champagne at the bar and the restaurant will have hats and noise makers for everybody.
- Flames Steakhouse at 533 North State Rd. in Briarcliff will have specials on the menu including homemade pastas, veal dishes, a variety of fish, filet mignon on the bone, rib eye steak, live lobster and prime dry age steaks. For vegetarians, there will be spinach noodles, julienne vegetables and wild mushrooms. People are welcome to stay and watch the ball drop on TV, and the restaurant will serve champagne on the house to those who stay until midnight.
- Amalfi Restaurant at 1112 Pleasantville Rd. in Briarcliff will have a special menu with lamb shank, lobster, homemade ravioli and pastas and appetizers such as fried calamari, stuffed mushrooms and chestnut soup. The last reservation is at 10 p.m.
- Goldfish restaurant at 6 Rockledge Ave. in Ossining will have a special four-course fixed price menu with a selection of entrees, including seared salmon, pan-roasted lobster and filet mignon, pork chops stuffed with spinach and penne rigate with seafood. Pianist Angelo Cavaleri will be playing popular standards, and the restaurant will stay open until customers want to go home.
- Tierras Tropicales at 84 Croton Ave. in Ossining will have DJ Cuervo playing bachata, meringue, salsa and folkloric music, and the dance floor is open. The Ecuadorean restaurant will be serving food until midnight, and the bar will be open until about 3 a.m.
Join TheDailyBriarcliff.com on Facebook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.