Set in the heart of Bedford’s premium Hook Road estate area on a family-friendly cul de sac, this tranquil country haven redefines modern luxury with its exceptional amenities and spectacular setting. First time visitors cannot help but be awed by the horticultural splendor that unfolds before them. From the vast level lawns accented with hundreds of specimen trees and a mature orchard, to the vibrant perennial gardens, flowering shrubs and full perimeter plantings that cloak the grounds in privacy, the eye-pleasing setting simply dazzles in every direction. No less impressive is the striking custom built Colonial home, which has been meticulously maintained with the same care and discerning eye that helped create the extraordinary landscape that distinguishes this special property.
Inside, no detail was overlooked in the design and execution of the residence, where superb artistry and unrivaled quality hallmark every room of the house. Throughout the light-filled interiors, custom craftsmanship is apparent at every turn, with 4-stage moldings, clear grade white oak floors, coffered ceilings, artisan wall finishes and stately fireplaces with custom mantels. Walls of windows and French doors in all the spacious main rooms open the home to the stunning surroundings while bathing the spaces with lovely natural light. Highlights include a grand marble entry hall that runs front-to-back, a light-filled 34’ living room, an expansive dining room, library and a dream kitchen designed for the professional chef. Further attractions include a comfortable family room open to the eat-in kitchen, cherry wet bar, mud room, indoor/outdoor sound system and bluestone terrace and curved hand-cut stone sitting wall overlooking the lawns and gardens.
The second level shines with a sprawling master suite fitted with every luxury, three additional bedrooms, and a children’s study area, all enjoying lovely views of the grounds. The lower level is equally opulent with Venetian plaster walls and coffered ceilings, a professionally-designed home theater with cherry cabinets and bar, wine room, office, craft room, and playroom. There’s simply something for everyone to enjoy in this thoughtfully-conceived home, which is complemented by a 3+car garage with nearly 1,000 square feet of additional space on the second floor- ideal for an office, or guest/staff quarters. Cloistered among several large celebrity estates, close to the renowned Caramoor Center for the Arts and just minutes from both Katonah and Bedford villages, Oakwood embodies the best of modern luxury living in one of the Westchester’s most idyllic locales.
- Totally private, 4.19-acre country haven in Hook Road estate area
- 7,584 square feet / 4 Bedrooms / 4 Baths / 2 Powder Rooms
- Chef’s Kitchen with dining island, Blue Pearl granite counters, handcrafted maple cabinets, sophisticated appliances and fireplace. A Breakfast Room, Butler’s Pantry and inviting Family Room adjoin.
- Sumptuous Master Suite with a sitting Room, spacious His-and-Her dressing rooms/ walk-in closets, and a lavish bath with a double Jacuzzi spa, steam shower with jet sprays, GrigioFior de Bosc floors and alabaster, and gold-plated light fixtures
- Home Theater by Electronic Designs Group with sound-insulated Ultra Suede walls, heated massage seats, retractable 10’ screen and cherry cabinet and soapstone countertop/party kitchenette
- 3.5-bay Garage with nearly 1,000 square feet of versatile space on second floor, ready to be customized
- Full perimeter deer fencing and total lawn irrigation system with dedicated well
- Site for pool or tennis court
- Situated in Bedford’s hamlet of Katonah and served by the award-winning Katonah-Lewisboro School District
- Easy access to 2 rail stations / 1 hour from Manhattan by car or train
For more information go to http://www.houlihanlawrence.com/real-estate-agent/athenamiles/property-detail/3307960/19-Barry-Ct-Katonah-NY-10536 or contact Athena Miles, Houlihan Lawrence Inc. Armonk Brokerage 914.424.3551