Orange County native Ryan J. Mead, who worked as a carpenter with his father and grandfather, died on Friday, Dec. 28 at home in the Town of Greenville. He was 29.
He was born June 18, 1989 in Middletown.
A family statement read: “Ryan was a kind, soft-spoken young man who brought happiness to everyone he met, with his sweet nature and great sense of humor.
"A gifted artist and craftsman, Ryan had a strong creative spirit and was especially talented at drawing. He enjoyed hiking, kayaking, and camping.
"Ryan loved building hot rods with his father and grandfather. He was a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Yankees, and he had a passion for music of all kinds. Ryan touched many lives, and he will be dearly missed by his family and friends.”
- His parents, Joseph and Sharon Mead, Town of Greenville
- Sister: Megan Mead and her fiancé, Elliot Brooks, Town of Greenville
- Grandparents: Joseph and Joan Mead, Town of Greenville
- Grandmother: Caroline Smith, Westtown
- Aunt: Karen Smith and her fiancé, Robert Nicholson, Town of Greenville
- Uncle: Brian Smith and his wife, Stacey, Westtown
- Cousins: Derek Blose, Matthew Blose, Justin Smith and Kevin Smith
- Best Friend: Keelin Burns
Ryan was predeceased by his grandfather, Roy L. Smith, Jr.
Funeral services were held on Monday, Dec. 31 at Gray-Parker Funeral Home, Inc. in Port Jervis, with Rev. Michael Cedro officiating.
Burial was at Unionville Cemetery in Westtown.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.