PAWLING, N.Y. -- Monday's fire at Daryl's House Club in Dutchess County has been ruled electrical in origin and "not suspicious," according to Pawling Fire Chief Everett White.
White told Daily Voice on Tuesday that the fire originated in a lighted sign in front of the popular club. White said some holiday lights including a string of LED lights connected to the peak of the club's roof could have shorted out, setting off a fire.
Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates is part owner of the establishment. The 69-year-old Hall, regarded as one of the best soul singers of his generation, has hosted the television series, "Live From Daryl's House" since late 2007.
Most of the damage was to the building's exterior and roof, although there is some water damage inside, White said.
The club located at 130 Route 22 in Pawling was unoccupied when the fire broke out early Monday morning, White said. No one was hurt battling the blaze, he said. Video of the fire scene can be viewed by clicking here.
Multiple fire departments -- including from Pawling and Patterson -- responded to reports of a fire in the front of the building shortly after 4 a.m. Monday.
The two-alarm blaze was contained within 20 minutes.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.