The Nor'easter that barreled through the Hudson Valley bringing torrential downpours and strong winds has left thousands without power while resulting in some flooded roadways.
Northern Westchester and Putnam County were especially hard hit with more than 10,000 power outages in Northern Westchester and more than 12,000 in Putnam. About 1,300 outages were reported in Central and Southern Westchester, more than 1,000 in Dutchess and 300 in Rockland County.
These schools and school districts are closed:
- The Harvey School, Katonah
- John F. Kennedy Catholic, Somers
- Katonah/Lewisboro School District (power out in four of five schools, downed trees on roadways in district)
The following school districts have two-hour delayed openings:
- Bedford Central School District
- Mahopac Central School District
- Putnam Valley Central School District
- Somers Central School District (Route 139 is blocked at Plumbrook Road due to a downed tree)
- Rhinebeck Central School District
Rain will continue until around 10 a.m. Monday, followed by a chance of showers between 10 a.m. and noon and then gradual clearing through the afternoon with a high around 54 degrees. A wind advisory remains in effect until 2 p.m.
Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.