WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Thanks to an alert resident of the Hillcrest Park Condominium Complex, a 20-year-old Ardsley man is under arrest for breaking into vehicles in Peekskill. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A 32-year-old Tarrytown man was killed late Tuesday night in a motorcycle crash in the village, state police said.
- A 34-year-old man is facing multiple charges after being arrested for driving the wrong-way on several Westchester County parkways.
- Basketball standout Obadiah Toppin, a 6-foot-9 post-graduate forward from Ossining, verbally committed Tuesday to the University of Dayton, which just earned a fourth straight appearance in the Division I Tournament.
- Police have identified the woman from Pelham who is now facing a felony charge after being involved in a wrong-way crash on the Hutchinson River Parkway earlier this week that injured four people.
- Somers firefighters responded to a car crash in the Lake Lincolndale area on Monday that required the extrication of a victim.
- A new tick-related warning has emerged. This time it's for seed ticks, or teeny-tiny ticks (think poppy seeds) that are still developing into adult ticks and parents are urged to be on the lookout.
- More than a dozen law enforcement officers from the Hudson Valley were among the near 200 men and women who were welcomed to the ranks of the New York State Police by Gov. Andrew Cuomo at the 205th session graduate ceremony.
- A search crew aboard a helicopter near the Bahamas found debris while looking for a private plane with four passengers aboard, including a Westchester native and New York City event space designer, her two young boys and a pilot after the aircraft disappeared Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and Department of Agriculture and Markets is expanding a quarantine of the transportation of ash wood in parts of the Hudson Valley and other parts of the state as it hopes to contain the spread of the emerald ash borer, a beetle that feeds on ash species.
- Following a contentious contest, residents in the Bedford Central School District elected two new Board of Education members while also overwhelmingly approved a proposed $129 million schools budget.
- Hudson Valley resident Roger Ailes, the former president and chairman of Fox News, died Thursday morning at age 77.
- The Olive Garden has been like family for Jeffrey Babineau. Babineau has been working for the Italian restaurant chain for more than 20 years, starting in Poughkeepsie in 1996 as a server.
- After her divorce, Robin Nesdale admits she lost her self-esteem. Wanting to do something that would help her as well as her community, this mom of one did something out of her comfort zone: She joined the Town of Mamaroneck Fire Department (TMFD).
- In an opinion piece for the Washington Post , Press Bharara, the former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York turned scholar in residence at New York University Law School, praised recently ousted DBI Director and Hudson Valley native James Comey and laid out plans for President Donald Trump's administration to "restore faith in the rule of law."
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.