Led by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, the Hudson Valley is well-represented on Forbes' brand-new list of the world's richest people, which was released Monday.
Here's the rundown:
- The 32-year-old Zuckerberg, a White Plains native who grew up in Dobbs Ferry and attended Ardsley High School, ranks No. 5 in the world with a net worth of $56 billion.
- Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who owns an estate in North Salem, was just behind Zuckerberg, clocking in at a net worth of $47.5 billion. The former mayor's accrued wealth made him the 10th richest man on the planet, Forbes said.
- Billionaire investor George Soros of Katonah checks in at No. 29 overall with a net worth of $25.2 billion.
- Another Bedford resident, Ralph Lauren, 77, checks in at No. 281 with a $5.5 billion net worth.
- Scarsdale investor, David Siegel, 55, is 339th overall at $4.8 billion.
- Presidential Donald Trump, 70, who owns an estate in Bedford, is ranked No. 544 with a net worth valued at $3.5 billion.
- Scarsdale hedge-fund CEO Daniel Och is No. 603 overall with a $3.2 billion net worth.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.