WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Pumpkins aren't just for carving. Every Fall, a host of Westchester eateries zest up their menus with this seasonal gourd. What follows is a list of where to find everything from muffins to cocktails.
- City Limits, White Plains: Sweeten the season with gluten-free pumpkin muffins, spiced pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. Taste Fall: 200 Central Ave., (914) 686-9000.
- Crabtree Kittle House, Chappaqua: Long Island Cheese Pumpkin with Heritage Pork Lardo and Sage are on the menu at t his Chappaqua mainstay where farm to table reigns supreme. Taste Fall: 11 Kittle Rd., (914) 666-8044
- MP Taverna, Irvington: It's a pumpkin palooza at MP Taverna where, for the month of October, you'll find pumpkin chestnut risotto, pumpkin soup and pumpkin spice walnut cake. Rinse it all down with a pumpkin martini or pumpkin craft beer. Taste Fall: 1 Bridge St. (914) 231-7854.
- Muddy Water Coffee & Cafe, Tarrytown: Ward off Autumn's chill with pumpkin spiced latte or apple and pumpkin chai. Taste Fall: 52 Main St., (914) 909-2826.
- Patisserie Salzburg, Rye, Scarsdale: Satisfy your sweet tooth with pumpkin tarts and/or pumpkin pie. Taste Fall: 77 Purchase St., Rye, (914) 921-4458 or 1 Christie Place, Scarsdale, (914) 472-8300.
- Sonora, Port Chester: Pumpkin churros cap off your fall feast at this Nuevo Latino eatery where artistic tapas, entrees and cocktails rule. Note: this dessert is only available during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, which starts Nov. 1. Taste Fall: 179 Rectory St., (914) 933-0200.
- The Craftsman Ale House, Harrison: Going on now until Friday, Oct. 21: The Fifth Annual Pumpkin Beer Week where every beer on tap has a pumpkin connection (details on their Facebook page). It should be noted that Craftsman is one of five finalists in our DVlicious contest for "Best Craft Beer Bar in Westchester." Taste Fall: 235 Harrison Ave, (914) 630-7484.
- Plates, Larchmont: Cheers to "It's Fall and I Can't Get Up," a seasonal pumpkin cocktail made with freshly juiced pumpkin infused with vodka, maple syrup, and cinnamon whipped cream. Hepworth Organic Farm in Milton, N.Y. supplies the pumpkin while Oliveria Sugar House in Woodstock, supplies the maple syrup. Taste Fall: 121 Myrtle Blvd., (914) 834-1244.
- The Quiet Man, Peekskill: Your tastebuds will go into overdrive with fried pumpkin cheesecake in a spring roll wrapper dusted with cinnamon sugar and served in a custard with fresh cream, ice cream, blackberry and raspberry. Taste Fall: 15 N Division St. (914) 930-8230.
- Villagio's, Hartsdale: Get your pasta fix with pumpkin ravioli served with a butter sauce seasoned with sage. Taste Fall: 389 N. Central Ave., (914) 949-3427.
- X2O, Yonkers: Dig into Pumpkin and Crabmeat Risotto while taking in the gorgeous vista from the windows of Hudson River-perched X20. Taste Fall: 71 Water Grant St., (914) 965-1111.
- Zero Otto Nove, Armonk: Sip and savor pumpkin in a twist on the traditional Old Fashioned. Nebbia d'Autunno aka Autumn Fog features Rye, Grand Marnier, pumpkin puree and maple syrup and is garnished with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice. Taste Fall: 55 Old Rte 22, (914) 273-0089.
Have a favorite we missed? Tell us about it on our Facebook page.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.