Fire crews jumped to action to extinguish an early morning chimney fire that broke out at a Hunterdon County home.
The blaze was reported just after 5:10 a.m. Monday at a home in Union Township, the Pattenburg Volunteer Fire Company said on Facebook.
“Within minutes our Chief and Deputy were on scene,” the company said.
After discovering heavy smoke in the crawl space and billowing flames from the floor, fire crews had to tear up insulation before working on dousing the blaze.
The fire was quickly placed under control with help from Pattenburg Rescue, Quakertown Fire, High Bridge Fire, Clinton Fire, Franklin Township Fire, Bloomsbury Fire and State Police.
The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.
“Great teamwork saved the residence,” the post said. “Thank you to all.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.