A man overdosing on suspected heroin was revived by emergency medical technicians in Blairstown, authorities said.
The man was found unresponsive laying against a bathroom door (blocking entry) at a house on State Highway 94 when police responded on Sept. 29 just before 6 p.m., local police said in a news release.
After gained entry to the bathroom and administered one dose of Narcan to the man -- who at this point was turning purple and had stopped breathing, police said.
First responders noticed an uncapped syringe on the ground, two paper folds in the toilet, a cotton swab and metal spoon with suspected heroin on it, authorities said.
Blairstown Ambulance Corps arrived on scene and administered a second dose of Narcan, after which the man became responsive and was transported to Newton Hospital, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.