PATERSON, N.J. -- Paterson residents fed up with rampant prostitution on their streets led to a quality-of-life sweep that Passaic County Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik said netted 14 arrests.
Undercover detectives targeted the area of Market Street from East 22nd Street to East 31st Street, and Van Houten Street from East 18th Street to Straight Street on Thursday, the sheriff said.
They charged 13 men and a woman loitering for the purpose of engaging in prostitution.
Berdnik said his office is planning several more sweeps over the summer.
Those arrested included:
- Angelica Fenlator, 22, Paterson;
- Joanne Emph, 37, Paterson;
- Elizabeth Womack, 28, Newton;
- Michelle McDermott, 34, Toms River;
- Jennifer Graham, 33, Paterson ;
- Zaid Ibrahim, 49, Clifton;
- Erica Potenza, 32, Paterson;
- Emily Westerfield, 24, Springfield;
- Lashawn Jackson, 42, Paterson;
- Shirley Travis Parham, 58, Paterson ;
- Leslie Wasserman, 42, Lincoln Park;
- Gina Formoso, 43, Wayne;
- Sandy Rodriguez, 40, Paterson;
- Kelly Luterzo, 30, Hackensack.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.