Contact Us
Rutherford Daily Voice serves Carlstadt, East Rutherford & Rutherford
Return to your home site


Breaking News: IRS Bags Hundreds Of Tax Cheats, Money Launderers As COVID Relief Fraud Tops $3.2 Billion
DV Pilot Police & Fire

‘Organized chaos’ follows blackout at Giants, Cowboys game

Photo Credit: Cliffview Pilot

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: “A number of players hit the ground,” Troy Aikman told the FOX TV audience when the Cowboys’ 33-20 win over the Giants resumed after a 12-minute blackout Sunday at New Meadowlands Stadium.

“This place went black,” play-by-play announcer Joe Buck said.

Shortly after 7 p.m., FOX’s sideline reporter, Pam Oliver, told viewers, “there is organized chaos” at the East Rutherford stadium, with fire marshals and security on hand.

Oliver later said that “the main line at the stadium went down, and then the back-up line went down. Now they’re back to the main line.”

The first power line blew, first partially knocking out the lighting with the Giants down 19-6 at the $1.6 billion stadium which opened this year.

Felix Jones of the Cowboys then scored a long touchdown, making it 26-6. As the Giants marched back down the field, the second line went out at the 11-minute mark of the third quarter. FOX briefly switched to another game.

FOR THE RECORD: Power returned at 6:17 p.m. The game clock and scoreboard flicked on, and play resumed at 6:19 p.m.

Once power was restored at the NFL’s costliest venue, around 6:20 p.m., the Giants ran off a few plays and scored a touchdown, making it 26-13 with 8:56 to go in the third period.

The Cowboys struck right back, making it 33-13 with a touchdown of their own, with 6:27 left in the third. Big Blue, with 5:19 left, got a quick touchdown, making it 33-20.

Dallas eventually turned out the lights on Big Blue.

The New Meadowlands Stadium experienced two power outages in the 3rd quarter of tonight’s game. Power was lost when one of the two feeders to the stadium experienced a power interruption. The power source to the stadium was then switched to the second feeder. The appearance of the stadium not being at full power at that time occurred because the halogen lighting had not fully powered up. A second power interruption occurred to the second feeder causing a full outage. Functionality to the original feeder was restored and we are now receiving power though (sic) that feeder. We are currently investigating the original cause of the interruption.

to follow Daily Voice Rutherford and receive free news updates.