RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The community is invited to ring in the holiday season on Saturday in Rutherford with a full day and night of activities for all ages.
The event is sponsored by the Rutherford Mayor and Council and Rutherford Chamber of Council, with the assistance of the recreation department, DPW and police.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Kip Center open house with Festival of Trees raffles, craft table and free hot apple cider.
- Noon-2 p.m.: 3rd Annual St. Mary's vs. Rutherford Alumni Flag Football game at Tryon Field. People are asked to bring nonperishable food items for the Rutherford Community Food Pantry.
- 4 p.m.: 66th Annual Chamber of Commerce Parade with Grand Marshall Rutherford Public Library. Begins at Beech Street, goes up Union Avenue and over to Chestnut Street and then to Park Avenue, ending at Lincoln Park.
- Immediately following parade: Tree lighting in front of the library. Rutherford Community and Union School bands perform.
- 4:30-8 p.m.: Holiday Village in Lincoln Park. Free horse and carriage rides, trackless train rides, photos with Santa, stories with Mrs. Claus. There also will be crafts with the Girl Scouts and entertainment. Project Graduation will be selling refreshments.
The Boy Scouts will be selling wreaths in the Lincoln Park gazebo and Small Business Saturday will be in full swing all day.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.