WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A Washington Township chimney blaze proved troublesome Wednesday morning.
An ambulance was requested for a firefighter who wasn't feeling well.
Meanwhile, his colleagues had to open a wall to douse the fire, which apparently had been burning in the fireplace of the Ridgewood Boulevard ranch house since the night before.
A broken fire hydrant provided water but required a utility crew to turn it off.
Hillsdale firefighters assisted their township colleagues.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.