Department store chain Macy's announced the locations of seven store closures as well as plans to eliminate 5,000 jobs.
The latest move comes after a slight uptick in holiday sales in which Macy's reported a 1 percent boost in sales in November and December compared to the same period last year.
Macy's had previously announced it would be closing 11 stores, identifying four. The seven that were not initially identified are:
- Miami (Downtown), Miami, FL
- The Oaks, Gainesville, FL
- Novato (Furniture), Novato, CA
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute, IN
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township, MI
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati, OH
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington, VT
The four previously announced store closures are:
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills, CA
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco, CA
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls, ID
Liquidation sales begin Monday, Jan. 8 and continue for 8-12 weeks.
With the closures, Macy's said it will have completed 81 of the approximately 100 planned store closures announced in August 2016. It now operates about 730 stores.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.