The MWC is a statewide community health initiative, in partnership with the New Jersey State League of Municipalities. It's a program that gives mayors tools and strategies to champion healthy and active living, and to improve the overall health of their communities.
As part of the MWC, the borough will work to promote health for youth, seniors, employees and residents.
Northvale will hold its first annual Health and Wellness Fair on Saturday, April 16, to kick off its participation in the program. Representatives from county and local government will be on hand, as well as private businesses, to help introduce residents to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Specific features of the health fair include, among others
- health screenings, including blood-pressure screenings
- fitness demonstrations -- including a yoga demonstration at 11:30 a.m.
- nutrition tips and counseling
- signups for the Northvale PTO 5K
- information about prescription reconciliation and disposing of old prescriptions
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the McGuire Senior Center, located at 116 Paris Ave.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Northern Valley and receive free news updates.