A man seeking shelter in a Morris County farmhouse accidentally started a fire when his heater malfunctioned, police said.
Jon Greene, 68, had set up a propaneci heater inside one of the barns at "The Oaks at Denville," when it malfunctioned and set the structure on fire around 3:05 a.m. Tuesday, local police said.
Firefighters from multiple agencies responded to the Pocono Road facility to knock down the 2-alarm blaze.
Greene was subsequently charged with criminal trespass and released on his own recognizance, authorities said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.