There's a reason New Jersey has been dubbed the diner capital of the world. There are more than 600 -- old and new, big and small. Each one with its own take on disco fries, cheesecake and brunch.
It would be impossible to pick a favorite, but here are some of the best in North Jersey.
The spots you see on this list were top-rated on several user-generated review sites, featured in local publications and recommended by Daily Voice readers.
1. Tops Diner (500 Passaic Ave., East Newark)
2. Pompton Queen Diner (710 NJ-23, Pompton Plains)
3. The Allwood Diner (913 Allwood Rd., Clifton)
4. Jefferson Diner (5 Bowling Green Pkwy #12, Lake Hopatcong)
5. Randolph Diner (517 NJ-10 E., Randolph)
6. The Kenilworth Diner Restaurant (614 Boulevard, Kenilworth)
7. Caldwell Diner (332 Bloomfield Ave., Caldwell)
8. Readington Diner (452 US-22, Whitehouse Station)
9. Dumont Crystal Diner (45 W Madison Ave., Dumont)
10. Chit Chat Diner (515 Essex St., Hackensack)
What's your favorite North Jersey diner? Tell us in the comments!
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.