After more than 40 years in business, national pet store chain Pet Valu is shuttering all stores including several across New Jersey.
“It's with heavy hearts that we must close all Pet Valu US stores,” read a Wednesday post on the chain’s Facebook page.
Pet Valu has locations in the following New Jersey towns:
- Bay Plaza (Toms River): 860 Fischer Blvd., Bay Plaza
- Bayonne: 307 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne Crossing
- Bernardsville: 80 Morristown Rd., Bernardsville Center
- Bloomfield: 192 Bloomfield Ave.
- Bordentown: 280 Dunns Mill Rd.
- Branchburg: 3150 Rt. 22, Cedar Glen Shopping Center, Unit 16
- Browns Mills: 18 Broadway St., Pine Grove Plaza
- Burlington: 1817 Burlington-Mt. Holly Rd., Wishing Well Plaza
- Cinnaminson: 141 Rt. 130 South, Suite G, The Shoppes at Cinnaminson
- Clifton: 225 Allwood Rd., Clifton Towne Square
- Clinton: 79 Walmart Plaza
- Dumont: 40 Washington Ave., Dumont Grand Union Shopping Center
- East Windsor: 319 Rt. 130, Town Center Plaza
- Edgewater: 725 River Rd., Marketplace at Edgewater
- Emerson: 484 Kinderkamack Rd.
- Englewood: 51 Nathaniel Place, Suite 7, Palisades Court
- Flemington: 276 Rt. 202 & 31, Flemington Circle
- Florham Park: 187 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Village Shopping Center
- Galloway: 45 South New York Rd., Smithville Square Shopping Center
- Garwood: 300 South Ave., Garwood Mall
- Gillette: 977 Valley Rd. Suite 5, Valley Mall Shopping Center
- Hackettstown: 1930 Rt. 57, The Shoppes at Mansfield
- Hammonton: 75 South White Horse Pike, Hammonton Square Shopping Center
- Hillsborough: 601 Rt. 206, Nelson's Corner Shopping Center
- Jackson: 260 North County Line Rd, Jackson Plaza Shopping Center
- Lanoka Harbor: 328 Rt. 9S & 1st Street, Unit 501, Lacey Mall
- Laurel Springs: 1216 Chews Landing Rd., Marketplace at Chews Landing
- Lodi: 150 Main St., Saddle River Crossing Shopping Center
- Lumberton: 1636 Rt. 38, Lumberton Plaza-Unit 13&14
- Lyndhurst: 411 A Valley Brook Ave., Lyndhurst Town Center
- Madison: 235 Main St., Madison Center
- Manahawkin: 297 Rt. 72, Stafford Square
- Manalapan: 55 Rt. 9 South, Manalapan Epicenter
- Manasquan: 2439 Rt. 34 South, Wall Town Center, unit 3A
- Marlton: 744 West Rt. 70, Evesham Plaza
- Mays Landing: 4215 E Black Horse Pike, Hamilton Commons
- Mendham: 84 East Main St., Mendham Village SC
- Montvale: 20 S. Kinderkamack Rd., Montvale Center
- Oak Ridge: 5752 Berkshire Valley Rd.
- Parsippany: 3053A Rt. 46 East, Morris Hills Shopping Center
- Phillipsburg: 1272 Rt. 22, Pohatcong Plaza
- Piscataway: 1354 Centennial Ave.
- Plainsboro: 15 Schalks Crossing, Plainsboro Village Shopping Center
- Pompton Lakes: 55 Wanaque Ave, Pompton Lakes Town Center
- River Edge: 1051 Main St., New Bridge Landing
- Shrewsbury: 490 Shrewsbury Plaza, unit 25, Shrewsbury Plaza
- Somers Point: 21 Bethel Road Unit 5, Ocean Heights SC
- Tri City (Toms River): 2360 Lakewood Rd., Tri City Plaza
- Warren (Somerset County): 177 Washington Valley Rd.
- Wayne: 1220 Hamburg Turnpike, Preakness Shopping Center
- West Caldwell: 756 A Bloomfield Ave, West Caldwell Plaza
- Wyckoff: 327 Franklin Ave., Boulder Run
Total inventory blowout sales begins Nov. 5 at every store with savings up to 20 percent off. Pet Points Plus members can continue to earn points and get 5 percent off until Saturday, Nov. 21.
Meanwhile, the store is offering discounts and encouraging customers to cash in rewards and gift cards by Sunday, Dec. 13. All sales are final.
Specific closure dates have not been released; however, customers can still get their furry friends washed and groomed, the store’s website says. They may also be able to take a final visit to their local store for holiday help.
“Thank you so much for your support,” Pet Valu wrote in a reply to a comment on its closing post.
“We would like to encourage you and your pets to visit your local store this holiday season - our team can help with any transition questions you may have and we will have some great deals.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.