LYNDHURST, N.J. -- Parents, caregivers and the community are invited to a series of educational lectures provided by the Lyndhurst School District.
- Bullying: Thursday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m., Lyndhurst High School, Room 144. Anti-bullying specialists and the anti-bullying coordinator will discuss bullying, policy and student mental health.
- Fall College Fair: Wednesday, Oct. 26, 6-8 p.m. at the Lyndhurst Recreation Center. Over 70 college and university representatives will be on hand to discuss the college admissions process.
- Children's Mental Health 101: Thursday, Dec. 15, at 7 p.m., Lyndhurst High School, Room 144. The Drop-In Center and Student Services will discuss suicide prevention and student mental health guidelines.
- College Admissions 101: Thursday, Jan. 12, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Lyndhurst High School Auditorium. Student Services will discuss college admissions.
- Self-Love: Teaching Our Children to Love Themselves: Thursday, March 2, 7 p.m., Lyndhurst High School, Room 144. Nancy Graham of The Renfrew Center of Northern New Jersey will discuss body image, cultural impact, eating disorders and resource assistance.
- Spring College Fair: Thursday, March 23, 9-11 a.m., Lyndhurst High School Gymnasium. Over 70 college and university representatives will be on hand to discuss the college admissions process.
- Keeping Our Children Safe From Dating Abuse: Thursday, April 6, 7 p.m., Lyndhurst High School, Room 144. Sian Millard from Alternatives to Domestic Violence, Bergen County, will discuss healthy relationships, dating abuse and violence prevention.
- Keeping Our Children Safe From Drugs: Thursday, April 20, 7 p.m., Lyndhurst High School, Room 144. The Lyndhurst Police Department and Student Assistance Counselors will discuss drug trends, drug prevention and policy.
For more information contact Jamie Stevens, Supervisor of Student Services, at 201-896-2100 ext. 4016 or Stevens@lyndhurst.k12.nj.us.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.