Among the damage:
- No injuries were reported when high winds blew off part of a Saddle Brook rooftop, blanketing a vehicle parked on President Street;
- Tenafly responders were busy with a window broken by high winds that rained glass on the sidewalk below from the second floor of the CVS on Washington Street, downed wires from a tree that toppled on Johnson Avenue and a large transformer fire at East Clinton Avenue and Woodland Street;
- Downed wires closed Route 46 in in both directions at Broad Avenue in Palisades Park;
- A woman was slightly injured in Cresskill when a tree fell onto a house on Cedar Street;
- No injuries were reported when a tree came down on a Teaneck home and vehicle on Herrick Avenue or when another fell on a house on Tryon Avenue or when another fell on Johnson Avenue;
- A large tree took down wires at Brookside Avenue and Margaret Court in Fair Lawn, knocking out power to some area customers;
- A large tree fell onto a house on Blauvelt Drive in Oradell;
- Another tree fell onto a house on Marion Road in Montvale;
- Two poles came down at South Woodland Street and East Linden Avenue in Englewood, leaving live wires burning in the street;
- Bricks fell from the facade of a building at Governor and Straight streets in Paterson; no injuries were reported;
- Downed wires closed Skyline Drive in Ringwood between Erskine Road and Greenwood Lake Turnpike;
- A transformer fire outside IFO Home Hardware in Waldwick closed a stretch of Franklin Turnpike and knocked out power to some area customers;
- Wires were down at Oak and Chestnut Ridge Road in Saddle River;
- A downed tree made Mount Hope Road in Rockaway Township impassable.
The National Weather Service issued a high-wind watch for all but New Jersey's orthwest corner, with a sustained speed of 20 to 30 miles an hour -- and guests as high as 60 mph -- expected.
"Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines," the NWS warned. "Widespread power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for wide profile vehicles."
GOT ANY PHOTOS of wind-related incidents from today? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or text: (201) 943-2794. Or message: facebook.com/gerardjerrydemarco
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hackensack and receive free news updates.