ROCHELLE PARK, N.J. -- Rochelle Park police are accepting applications from officer candidates who have a full PTC training certificate from a New Jersey police academy.
Resumes MUST be delivered in person to the chief or captain at the department, 151 West Passaic Street on:
April 18 (Mon.): 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
April 19 (Tues.): 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
April 20 (Wed.): 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
April 21 (Thurs.): 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
April 22 (Fri.): 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
No resumes will be accepted after 2 p.m. April 22.
• Be a U.S. citizen and NJ resident;
• Have a valid NJ driver's license, with a good driving history;
• Be 18 or older, but not over 35, at appointment;
• Pass an interview, "rigorous" background check and psychological exam;
• Be "of good moral character" and no record "of any convictions of any crime or indictable offense or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude';
Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or an associate's degree or 60 semester hours • of college credits from an accredited college or university with two years of military experience (honorably discharged) or two full years of police experience -- dispatcher, auxiliary, special, or five years police experience.
All accepted candidates will begin as probationary police officers at Step. #1 of the pay scale: $40,000 (as per PBA 2015-18 contract).
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.