The Abington Terrace home just off Maple Avenue sustained minor damage in the noontime Nov. 20 second-floor blaze.
The homeowner declined ambulance transport and said he'd drive himself to the hospital.
Fire officials said original suspicions that a torch being used to burn paint off a baseboard caused the fire were incorrect. They didn't say how it started, however.
Mutual aid responders included firefighters from Fair Lawn, Hawthorne and Ridgewood.
Boyd A. Loving took the photos and reported this story.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Fair Lawn-Glen Rock and receive free news updates.