A man suffered burns to 20 percent of his body in a cooking accident Sunday in Newark, authorities said.
Newark firefighters extinguished a small fire that broke out at around 1:45 p.m. at 48 1/2 3rd Street.
Firefighters determined that a can of nonstick cooking spray kept near the stove exploded, causing burns to the victim's face, chest and stomach. He was taken to University Hospital for treatment.
The cause of the fire was deemed accidental, authorities said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.