Residents from each of the city’s five wards have pre-registered to receive their free turkey in time for Thanksgiving, Nov. 28.
The giveaway is made possible by the Believe in Newark Foundation and multiple donors, including: HelloFresh, Goya Foods, Pepsi, Sylvia’s Restaurant, Sylvia’s Soul Food Products, Whole Foods Market, Riviana Foods, Bindi North America, Inc., and The Brantley Brothers Transportation Company.
The city expressed gratitude for the generous support this year from its sponsor, the Believe in Newark Foundation, and the co-sponsors, who are donating the following:
· HelloFresh: Delivering 3,000 mashed potato kits and cranberry cans
· Goya Foods: Donating 4,000 pounds of food
· Pepsi: Donating 3,000 cans of assorted Pepsi products
· Sylvia’s Restaurant: catering lunch for the volunteers
· Sylvia’s Soul Food Products: donating 6,000 units of Sylvia’s Food Product Seasonings and Sylvia’s Hot Sauce
· Whole Foods Market: $500 donation
· Riviana Foods: 6,000 units of Ronzoni
· Bindi North America, Inc.: 801 Dulce de Leche Cheesecakes
· Brantley Brothers: transporting donations to the JFK site.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Essex and receive free news updates.