The events, sponsored by North Ward Councilman Anibal Ramos, will be held from 5 to 9 p.m., although streets will be closed down several hours before the festivities begin.
The parade will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Verona and Summer avenues. The parade route will travel westbound on Verona Avenue to Mt. Prospect Avenue, turning left onto Mt. Prospect Avenue and ending at Common Thread Park, located at Mt. Prospect Avenue and Mt. Prospect Place. The tree lighting ceremony will begin after the parade concludes at Common Thread Park.
Following is the of schedule of street closures for Friday:
11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
· Verona Avenue between Summer and Lincoln avenues
3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
· Mt. Prospect Avenue (southbound lane) between Abington and 2nd avenues (intermittent closures)
5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
· Verona Avenue between Summer and Clifton avenues
· Mt. Prospect Avenue between 2nd and Sylvan avenues
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
· Mt. Prospect Avenue between 2nd and Abington avenue
Drivers are urged to allow extra time or plan an alternate route.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Essex and receive free news updates.