Barnes & Noble is getting ready to relocate at The Shops at Riverside in Hackensack.
The store -- opening Wednesday, Nov. 14 -- will be the retailer's first new prototype store to open in New Jersey.
The 19,111-square-foot store features modern design aesthetics, including:
- Oak bookshelves and wood grain tile floors throughout
- Lower profile bookshelves will provide customers with a panoramic view of the store, contributing to an open and airy feel
- Two large “book theaters” located at each entrance of the store invite customers to find books in a new 360-degree experience
- Illuminated bookcases are incorporated into the store, including the Fiction section, to further enhance discovery
- The Café features a wide selection of Starbucks® coffees and teas, in addition to fresh-baked goods, savory sandwiches, flat breads, quiches and a soup of the day. Healthy grab-and-go snacks are also available
- The Children's section -- with a dedicated LEGO® activity table and bright pops of brick red and yellow -- creates a special environment for Barnes & Noble's youngest customers
- A whimsical “jungle gym” display feature, which is unique to this prototype and is built specially for toys and popular children's characters, adds a sense of fun to the Children's section
- Tablets to help employees assist customers anywhere in the store. The new technology will allow booksellers to help customers with product selection and easily locate books on the store floor. Self-serve kiosks will enable customers to research, discover and locate books throughout the store
- A 700-square-foot flexible event space will be ideal for author events and book-signings
From community seating around a table to individual comfortable chairs, customers will have a variety of seating options throughout the store, allowing them to curl up alone with a good book or gather with a small group of friends.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.