Responders suspect an electrical problem sparked a fire that blew through the roof of a vacant Ridgefield home before dawn Saturday.
Firefighters battled cluttered conditions as well as flames that temporarily forced them to evacuate the Elm Avenue home after the broke out around 4:15 a.m.
It took them about two hours to fully extinguish the blaze.
Cliffside Park, Fort Lee and Palisades Park firefighters assisted their borough colleagues.
No injuries were reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.