YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST: An overnight fire behind a New Milford home ignited propane tanks, destroyed a shed — and all of its contents — and damaged a deck, a pool and the house siding.
Neighbors who were roused from their homes by a pair of mini explosions just after 2:30 a.m. told CLIFFVIEW PILOT that their properties sustained minor damage, as well, from the Ryeside Avenue fire.
Police evacuated several homes and firefighters quickly snuffed the flames, but not before damage was done.
That includes power tools, bicycles and other items stored in the shed.
Authorities were trying to determine whether a firepit on the deck was responsible.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.