BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- The holiday weekend is upon us and Bergen County, as always, is ablaze with fireworks festivities. What follows is a sampling of where to go for picnics and pyrotechnics.
Be sure to check websites and weather forecasts -- especially Friday, July 1 -- as there's a call for rain.Friday, July 1
- Rutherford: The annual fireworks display will be held at Memorial Field beginning at 7 p.m. and include music and food vendors, followed by a 9:15 p.m. fireworks display. Go to www.rutherford-nj.com/ in case of rain and a rescheduled date.
Saturday, July 2
- Tenafly: All residents are invited to attend the Independence Day celebration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Roosevelt Common (rain date is Sunday, July 3). At 8:30 p.m. there will be entertainment by the Victory Belles with the annual fireworks display starting at approximately 9 p.m. behind Tenafly High School. The rain date for the fireworks display is Wednesday, July 6.
- Maywood: Memorial Park is the setting for Maywood's fireworks. Entertainment begins at 7 p.m. followed by the fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
- Lyndhurst: Festivities start at 6 p.m. behind the Little League fields on Riverside Avenue with the fireworks starting at dusk.
Sunday, July 3
- Saddle Brook: Head to Otto Pehle Park on Saddle River Road for the annual fireworks display, set for 9 p.m.
- Paramus: Gates open at Cliff Gennarelli Sports-Plex next to the Westfield Garden State Plaza.at 6 p.m. and include a long line-up of festivities including live music by Willie Wilson and the Willies, Dan Amato, Paramus Community Orchestra and the national anthem sung by The Octaves. Fireworks follow.
- East Rutherford: The annual State Fair Meadowlands hosts fireworks and various events on both July 3 and 4.
Monday, July 4
- Allendale: Field Events at Recreation Park star at 8:30 a.m. with band concert and fireworksat Crestwood Lake at 7:30 p.m. with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Rain date of Saturday, July 9.
- Hackensack: An all-day festival is on tap at Foschini Park with rides, flea market, music and food vendors, followed by evening fireworks beginning at 9:15 p.m.
- Ridgewood: Enjoy entertainment, food, beverages, and fireworks at Veterans Field. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5.
- Leonia: The Leonia Sports Boosters hosts a free fireworks display at Overpeck Park beginning at dusk.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.