A Western Mass man has been arrested for allegedly possessing firearms, cocaine, and cash during a search warrant execution.
Daniel Franco, age 38, of Springfield was arrested on Friday, April 30, when Springfield Police Narcotics detectives recovered two firearms, cocaine, and cash after executing a search warrant, said Springfield Police.
Detectives have been investigating the illegal sale of cocaine from a home on Blanding Street with Franco as the target of the investigation.
During the search, detectives seized an Intratec-22 rifle, which is on the Massachusetts assault weapon ban list. They also seized another firearm and four magazines, police said.
The magazines for the Intratec-22 both had approximately 25 rounds in each. Additional ammunition, cocaine, and more than $2200 were also recovered.
Franco was charged with:
- Unlicensed possession of an assault weapon
- Two counts of possession of a firearm without an FID card
- Two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
- Two counts of improper storage of a firearm
- Two counts of possession of a high capacity magazine/feeding device
- Possession of ammunition without an FID Card
- Possession with the intent to distribute a class B drug
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.