WILTON, Conn. NOVA Speed Camps will be holding their annual camps in Wilton and Redding this summer. The camps are directed by coach Kevin Foley, who is certified by the International Youth Conditioning Association as a Certified Speed, Agility and Quickness Specialist and by USA Track and Field as a Level II coach in sprints and hurdles.
The camps are for all athletes in all sports who are looking to increase their performance in the following:
- Improve straight ahead speed
- Improve multi-directional speed
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve game time reaction speed
- Increase muscle recruitment
- Reduce the risk of non-contact injury associated with running and change of direction maneuvers associated with land-based sport
Pre- and post-testing will be completed to show athlete progress and a plan for continued improvement is necessary skills will be given to each athlete in attendance.
The camps will be held on the following dates:
June 25 June 29 Wilton High School
July 9 July 13 Joel Barlow High School
Aug 13 Aug. 17 Wilton High School
Camps are conducted through the parks and recreation departments in each town and information may be obtained by calling the parks and recreation departments or accessing the NOVA (203-761-1273), Wilton Parks (203-834-6234) and Redding Town (203-938-2551) websites.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.